Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Arms and Hands

Last week I had lunch with a friend who happened to have shattered his pinky knuckle on his right hand. This type of break is called a "boxers break" in the medical field. He did not punch a person but rather a door... ANYWAY while discussing his injury we got to talking about how challenging it is to do all the things you normally do with your right hand, with your left.
He challenged me the next time that I make toast to use only my left hand when I butter it. This morning I made toast. I did as he asked. I must admit that while I found it easier than I had anticipated it to be, I am very thankful that I have full use of my right arm/hand.
Today I am grateful for all the things my arms and hands allow me to accomplish :-) like buttering toast efficiently, and making Christmas gifts and playing patty cake and throwing a ball and balancing in yoga and the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment